First sentence Friday is a weekly post in which we share the first sentence of our current read, share a few words about the book and our feelings so far. It is a great way to discover new books and stories, in a fun and spoiler free way.
The first sentence
Release date: May the 11th
Her advice, spot on. Her love life, way off.
• Can give you the solution to any of your relationship woes―for a fee.
• Uses her power for good. Most of the time.
• Really cannot stand Alexander Brougham.
• Has maybe not the best judgement when it comes to her best friend, Brooke…who is in love with someone else.
• Does not appreciate being blackmailed.
However, when Brougham catches her in the act of collecting letters from locker 89―out of which she’s been running her questionably legal, anonymous relationship advice service―that’s exactly what happens. In exchange for keeping her secret, Darcy begrudgingly agrees to become his personal dating coach―at a generous hourly rate, at least. The goal? To help him win his ex-girlfriend back.
Darcy has a good reason to keep her identity secret. If word gets out that she’s behind the locker, some things she’s not proud of will come to light, and there’s a good chance Brooke will never speak to her again.
Okay, so all she has to do is help an entitled, bratty, (annoyingly hot) guy win over a girl who’s already fallen for him once? What could go wrong?
My feelings so far
I dived into the story right away. To be honest, I did not expect any less, since I fell in love with Only, Mostly Devastated by the same author some times ago. The plot starts right away and we meet the characters as we go, which I love because it makes the story clear and easy to read, and quick also. I really like the main character so far, and some of the messages behind the story that I spotted already.
- Have you read this book ?
- What are you currently reading? Please share the first sentence to me!
How to support me & my work?
- Like, comment and suscribe to the blog to receive notifications for new articles.
- You can follow me here:
- Or you can also help me get fuel to read, write and translate all night long by buying me a little coffee here!
As always, thank you so much for your support and for reading me! I wish you all fantastic reads, and amazing discoveries !